Submissions are now open for Cheap Cuts Documentary Film Festival 2017
Cheap Cuts Short Documentary Film Festival, London UK.
Cheap Cuts is an emerging festival dedicated to showcasing and promoting the best of short documentary talent. An independent film festival that emerged from the idea of creating an alternative for filmmakers on a budget Cheap Cuts believes that film should be accessible and inclusive, and are interested in the stories that you have to tell and not the budget or equipment used to do so.
1. 400 films were submitted to the last edition of Cheap Cuts and 23 of those films were selected to be part of the official competition. Cheap Cuts showcased short documentaries shot in a variety of formats (VHS, Mini DV, 16 mm) from all over the world (Iraq, Syria, USA, UK, Peru, Mexico…)
Cheap Cuts help the winning filmmakers to make industry connections and to find new ways of distributing their works by partnering with other like-minded festivals and organisations worldwide. The awards include free submission to other festivals like Melbourne Documentary Film Festival or Arohanui Film Fest in New Zealand. Cheap Cuts organises short documentary screenings with other European cinema clubs and film nights to ensure the amazing work of their filmmakers gets seen by a wider audience all over the world.
How to submit your film
Submit via FilmFreeway through the link below:
- Regular Deadline until November 26th – 5 $
- Late Deadline until December 25th – 7 $
- Final Deadline until January 28th – 9 $
- We only accept short documentaries.
- All entries must be under 30 minutes
- Finished after January 2015
- Only 2 entries per producer/director
- All entries must be English or English subtitled
- International Short Documentary.
- British Short Documentary.
- London Emerging Talent.
We want to promote all kinds of short documentaries but are particularly interested in:
– Women directors/producers
– Current social issues
– Under-represented communities
– DIY creations
“We are very excited about this new edition of Cheap Cuts 2017. Last year we saw amazing films from all over the world featuring a variety of very important topics. We were very happy to give the opportunity to international filmmakers to show their work to a wider audience in a city like London. Over 500 people visited Cheap Cuts 2016 and we were really happy to see everyone was very engaged and our filmmakers had an amazing time networking and finding new ways of distribution” Natalia Garay – Festival Director
“Great film festival, the team are fantastic, very helpful, great place for networking and meeting other filmmakers. It was great for my film to be part of the festival, looking forward to next year.” Mazin Sherabayani – Filmmaker